Community Space Usage Guidelines
Thank you for choosing the Microsoft New England Research & Development Center for your upcoming event! We’re thrilled to support an organization, like yours that aims to bring positive change in the local technology ecosystem and non-profit community. In our efforts to provide you with an outstanding event experience, we ask that you read and adhere to the following guidelines:
As a free-of-charge event space, Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or relocate an event to support a high priority Microsoft business need. While advanced notice cannot be guaranteed when such a conflict arises, we will try our best to partner with you to accommodate your event needs. Space Policy/Cancellation.
- At One Cambridge Center, a Microsoft Sponsor is required for all events. The topic of the seminar must utilize or complement a Microsoft product or technology. No competitive products may be shown or promoted, unless approval has been granted by the Northeast Regional General Manager
- All events held at One Memorial Drive are open to Microsoft employees free of charge. If an employee is interested in attending your event, we will contact you before your registration deadline.
- Please be sure to use the space within your allotted timeframe. Given the volume of events taking place daily, we aim to stay on schedule. We also hire staff to support each event and their shift is determined by the start/end time of your event.
- We arrange each room according to your event’s needs. We ask if you need any furniture moved, please ask a member of our facilities team to do so.
- As the event organizer, it is your responsibility to ensure that your guests abide by this space policy and that you escort all guests out of the facility by the end of the event. The Conference Center staff will take notice if the policy is violated.
- Our goal is to maintain the aesthetic of our space and we need your help. Please respect the space by disposing and/or recycling trash and other materials after usage.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your event, please notify your Microsoft Event Planner no later than ten calendar days prior to your event date. We track cancellations and events cancelled with less notice that may impact future bookings for your group.
- At One Cambridge Center, since the community is receiving this space for free, Microsoft avoids hosting events where attendees will be charged to present. If this is a fee based event, the fee should nominal (less than $50), where the proceeds will either support the cost to run the event or a nonprofit organization.
Hours of Operation
The Microsoft New England Conference Center is open Monday through Friday from 8am until 9pm and Saturdays from 8am until 6pm.
If your organization is a registered 501C3 you must carry a minimum of $2,000,000 of general liability insurance with a reputable insurance company licensed in the State of Massachusetts covering its use of the space, and furnish a certificate of insurance to Microsoft evidencing the existence of this coverage prior to using the space. You agree that Microsoft will not be liable to you or to any of your guests for any injury to, or death of, any person, or for any loss or damage to property occurring on or about the space. You also agree to indemnify and hold Microsoft harmless from any loss, damage, liability or expense (including attorneys’ fees and other expenses of litigation) resulting from any actual or alleged injury to, or death of, any person or damage to property resulting from any occurrence in or about the space, or caused by or resulting from any act or omission by you or any of your guests. If you are unable to provide us with a Certificate of Insurance all of your attending guests will be required to sign a waiver in order to gain access to our event space. Signing the waiver is optional, however please keep in mind that if your guests refuse to sign the waiver they will not be allowed access into our event space.
All guests must present a government issued, photo ID in order to be allowed access to the event space. If a guest is unable to present the proper ID they will not be allowed access to the building.
- At One Memorial Drive, all guests must register with building security, located in the lobby of the building, prior to entering Microsoft’s facility.
- At One Cambridge Center, all guests must register with the receptionist, located in the 2nd floor lobby, prior to entering Microsoft’s event space.
- To ensure your guests have a seamless check-in at security, please send an attendee list (first & last name) to firstname.lastname@example.org for all One Memorial Drive events and email@example.com for all One Cambridge Center events at least two days prior to your meeting.
At One Memorial Drive we are committed to helping you spread the word about your event. In return for hosting your event and posting it on microsoftnewengland.com/events, we ask that you please include our logo and company description in your event materials (i.e., event registration page, signage and online/print materials). Event host is responsible for all content provided for microsoftcambridge.com—this includes image licensing, ownership of copy, etc. Any fees incurred for usage of unauthorized material will be passed on to the host organization.
You are welcome to use a caterer of your choice and if you would like a list of our preferred catering companies please let your Event Planner know. As soon as you confirm your caterer, please notify your Microsoft Event Planner at least 48 hours before your event.
- At One Memorial Drive, caterers must provide a certificate of insurance (COI) for our loading dock. If a COI is not provided at least 48 hours before your event, the loading dock will not be available to the caterer. Please inform us if your caterer is planning on using our loading dock.
- If your caterer has insufficient insurance, they can still gain access to our freight elevator. Access to the freight elevator is located on level P6 in our parking garage. Once you park your vehicle, you must check in with Microsoft at our 1st floor reception area and someone will assist you with load in.
- Guests can opt to load in food by hand carrying items in through the building lobby entrance. Please note that you cannot roll any carts through the lobby. If you need to load in using a cart you must enter through the loading dock or by way of our freight elevator.
- Vendors are allowed to start loading into our space one hour before your event start time. Please note the earliest time they will be allowed to load in is 7am Monday-Saturday.
- At One Memorial Drive, if your event is scheduled in our Commons on the 10th & 11th floors they will not be allowed to load in any earlier than 4pm on weekdays and 7am on Saturdays.
If you plan to serve alcohol, please use our exclusive bartending service – The Bartending Service of New England. All alcohol service must conclude at least 30 minutes prior to your event ending. Event bookings will not be extended on the day of the event to accommodate longer alcohol service. Please inform your event contact if you plan on having bar service at your event.
- All alcohol must be brought in and removed by the Bartending Service. Event organizers and guests are not allowed to bring any alcohol into the building under any circumstances, nor are they allowed to leave the building with any alcohol. All alcohol must be consumed in your designated event space. Guests may not bring any alcoholic beverages to any other part of the building or to the parking garage.
- At One Cambridge Center, you are required to sign and return the alcohol policy and your request must be approved by management.
Microsoft receptionists will not validate parking for any guests.
- At One Cambridge Center, Parking is conveniently located adjacent to One Cambridge Center and the Marriott Hotel. There are garage entries off of both Broadway and Ames Street. Please follow the Microsoft signs to our main entrance in the front of our building.
- The following rates apply: up to one hour is $15, up to three hours is $30, and up to twenty for hours is $40.
- If you wish to purchase parking validations for your guests please contact Hector Lorenzo at 617-621-7619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- At One Memorial Drive, guests are allowed to park in the garage located at One Memorial Drive.
- All day parking is $27.00 on weekdays and $10.00 on weekends.
- If you wish to purchase parking validations for your guests please contact Habtom Hadgu at email@example.com